Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Top Five Talents



(5) Although I admire all the talents and qualities I posses, I do have a few that I feel stand out a little more than the others. My top five talents qualities that I love to do the most would have to be the following: leadership, self direction, great communication skills, creativity, and being trustworthy. Being a leader always came natural to me. I always wanted to help people and be able to provide my thought, when necessary. Self direction was something I mastered as I got older and start doing things on my own. I enjoy this quality because I know I can trust and depend on myself. I know exactly what I want out of life, and I know the steps I need to take to get there. Communicating has been a talent that my teachers, parents, and peers seen in me at an early age. I was always good at communicating. It did not matter if it was during a presentation for class, a meeting I had for gymnastics, selling a product to a customer, conversations with my parents or talking amongst my friends. I focus on who I am talking to and what matters to them when I am delivering my speech. Creativity was a talent that was always there, but it never really flourished until I started college. My mind ran wild with ideas and thoughts, but I never knew how to put those thoughts down onto paper. Trustworthiness was a quality that I picked up from my parent. I always felt and still feel that being honest and trustworthy will always benefit you in the end. The five I chose have been talents and qualities I have worked very hard on since I’ve graduated high school in 2012. As I dealt with more people at school and at work, I noticed that these five talents were things I wanted to improve and be able offer to others, and the companies I work for. I was able to gain an understanding of how the workplace (in general) worked and what was expected from me and my talents. “The changing of business structures to more fluid, collaborative structures offers designers a change to work in broader areas and apply their talent in different media and areas of work” (Davis 228).

No comments:

Post a Comment